There are a lot of questions regarding ICBC Insurance changes and related regulations.

Important to note your vehicle registration form is also a contract of insurance coverage. 

We feel this information is something you should have in your tool box to assist you in making well informed decisions. 

1 If your vehicle is modified and it is not registered as such then it is considered to be stock, as it left the factory, so if there is an incident involving a claim you could be disappointed with the settlement. This applies to all vehicles regardless of the plate.        (blue & White or Collector)

#2 All vehicles in North America must have a visible VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) secured and displayed in a visible location and match the VIN on the registration certificate. See bulletin appearing below.

#3 All of the Collector Plated vehicles are subject to these conditions. Here it is clearly spelled out in the Collector Plate application document. The vehicle must not, at any time be used for driving to or from, or part way to or from, work or school or for any business use. 

Collector Plate Usage Conditions

As spelled out in ICBC’s Collector plate Application forms.

STEP 4 – Vehicle Use Declaration. By checking the boxes below, I confirm these two statements are true:

D My collector vehicle will be used solely for pleasure purposes, and cannot be used for general transportation, and will not at any time be used for driving to or from or part way to or from work or school or for any business use.

D I own or lease a non-collector, general transportation vehicle or I am the assigned operator of a company vehicle that is registered, licensed and insured in B.C. as my non-collector, general transportation vehicle.

Note: Upon licensing and insuring and on subsequent renewals, you will be required to inform your Autoplan broker of the license plate number of your non-collector, general transportation vehicle.

If the only vehicle you have is your collector vehicle, you may still display collector plates on your motor vehicle, however you won’t qualify for the reduced collector insurance premium.

In addition, your modified collector motor vehicle must be rated for pleasure use only, and must not at any time be used for driving to or from, or part way to or from, work or school or for any business use.

This clearly states that the vehicle may not be used outside the above bolded conditions, regardless of the whom is being transported.

For more details on your specific situation contact your Auto Plan Broker