History Mod Collector 48-

Home Forums Archive News History Mod Collector 48-

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Guest July 8, 2014 at 3:29 am. This post has been viewed 270 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Participant

From a back in the day, a photographer at the Times-Colonist newspaper in Victoria. Being a car guy when I heard of an assignment at the Legislative Buildings of the government granting a new category of Modified Collector plates, I immediately requested the assignment. The information below is what I included with the photo’s to our City Desk.

VKA-18/06/06-Victoria- Solicitor General John Les was on hand outside the legislative buildings Thursday to announce that vintage autos in B.C. from 1949 to 1958 that have been modified will now be eligible to apply for modified collector plates from ICBC in Victoria BC Thursday,May18,2006. Photo in front of the legislative building shows Harold Wellenbrink, president of the Specialty Vehicle Association of B.C. thanking Les for this piece of legislation. The association and other interested people have been lobbying the government for years to update the modified collector plates that were only permitted for cars up to 1948. Car in photo is Wellenbrink’s 1952 Meteor convertible. Other photo shows Wellenbrink and solicitor general John Les cruising down the legislative driveway in Wellenbrink’s car. A modified collector plate differs from ordinary collector plates in that a vehicle which has been modifed means it has been altered in some way from the original, albeit the engine, suspension, body, interior or all of the above. Photo by John McKay/ Victoria

Here are the photo’s for your archives, you may already have copies of these but in case you don’t, enjoy… Cheers, John McKay

FOR COMPLETE STORY AND PICTURES GO TO “ABOUT US”

Participant

All OK!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘News’ is closed to new topics and replies.